What is Cold Wax? Persian Cold Wax refers to a sugar-based hair removal paste that doesn’t need to be melted before applying it to the skin. Cold wax can be used either by itself as a very thick taffy-style paste, or in a spreadable paste that is removed using muslin or non-woven fabric strips.
How long will my skin stay smooth? Generally speaking, waxing lasts about 4 weeks. However, everyone is different and results can vary anywhere from 3 - 6 weeks, depending on your hair type.
Is it difficult to wax myself? It can be surprisingly easy to wax yourself, once you've become familiar with the technique. We suggest that you start perfecting your technique by waxing the easier areas, like your legs, and gradually move on to the trickier zones like your bikini or underarms after you have become more comfortable. If you have any questions
What does “For Sensitive Skin” mean? Will it be as effective? Persian hair removal products have been specially formulated to be gentle on the most delicate skin, yet super effective at removing hair.
“For Sensitive Skin” means you don’t have to worry about chemical burns, allergic reactions or skin lifting because our products do NOT contain chemicals, or harsh ingredients that can cause irritation.
The box looks different, did you change the formula? No, not at all. Persian Cold Wax is still exactly the same formula that we’ve been making for nearly 30 years.
My Sugar wax looks crystallized, can I still use it? If your cold wax suddenly looks like rough/coarse sugar and won't liquefy, don't worry, there is a simple way to fix this.
1. Bring the product to a boil. Put the container on a dish and nuke it in the microwave on high for about 30 - 35 seconds, until the product looks like it’s boiling.
2. DO NOT HANDLE THE JAR when removing it from the microwave.
3. Leave it to sit and cool down completely. It should be fine after this.
*NOTE: Sugar-based waxes don't like hot/humid temperatures, so be sure to always seal the jar very tightly and store it in a cool dry place*
I usually shave but want to start waxing - do you have any advice? Yes! In fact we've got tons of professional advice and tips!
- - 2 week rule: previously shaved hair is strong & resistant. Wait 2 weeks or until hair is ~ 1/4" (1/2 cm) long before first use
- Always wash skin with soap & water or oil-free toner before using Cold Wax. Dry well.
- - For cleanliness always wipe one side of the spatula against lip of jar when retrieving the wax.
- Less is best - the thinner you spread the product the better the results.
- Always spread on IN DIRECTION of hair growth. Strip off IN OPPOSITE DIRECTION.
- Always pull strip back along itself in one quick movement. Don't peel or pull off slowly.
- The faster the strip is removed the better the results.
Commom Sense Cautions
- Do not wax any area that has been treated with Retin A, Accutane, anti-wrinkle creams or AHA peels.
- Do not use on sensitive, sunburned, irritated or injured skin. Avoid varicose veins, moles, or warts.
- Do not use alcohol or astringents before or after waxing.
- Always do a patch test on the area to be smoothed & wait 24 hours. If no irritation, continue.
- Avoid all interruptions & delays during treatment.
- Do not use on bikini line, underarm or hard-to-reach areas until you are confident with process
And of course... CALL US if you need help or have questions. We are available 24/7 to help you @ 1.888.986.9974