Persian Cold Wax refers to a sugar-based hair removal paste that doesn’t need to be melted before applying it to the skin. Cold wax can be used either by itself as a very thick taffy-style paste, or in a spreadable paste that is removed using muslin or non-woven fabric strips.
Generally speaking, waxing lasts about 4 weeks. However, everyone is different, and results can vary anywhere from 3-6 weeks depending on your hair type.
Absolutely! It can be surprisingly easy to wax yourself once you’ve become familiar with the technique. We suggest that you start perfecting your technique by waxing the easier areas like your legs and gradually move on to the trickier zones like your bikini or underarms after you have become more comfortable. If you have any questions, get in touch with us!
Persian hair removal products have been specially formulated to be gentle on the most delicate skin, yet super effective at removing hair. “For Sensitive Skin” means you don’t have to worry about chemical burns, allergic reactions or skin lifting because our products do NOT contain chemicals, or harsh ingredients that can cause irritation.
If your Cold Wax suddenly looks like rough/coarse sugar and won’t liquefy, don’t worry, there is a simple way to fix this!
1. Bring the product to a boil: put the container on a dish and microwave it on high for about 30 – 35 seconds, until the product looks like it’s boiling.
2. DO NOT HANDLE THE JAR when removing it from the microwave.
3. Leave it to sit and cool down completely. After this, it should be good as new!
Note: Sugar-based waxes don’t like hot/humid temperatures, so be sure to always seal the jar very tightly and store it in a cool dry place.
– 2 week rule: previously shaved hair is strong & resistant. Wait 2 weeks or until hair is ~ 1/4″ (1/2 cm) long before first use
– Always wash skin with soap & water or oil-free toner before using Cold Wax. Dry well.
– For cleanliness always wipe one side of the spatula against lip of jar when retrieving the wax.
– Less is best – the thinner you spread the product the better the results.
– Always spread on in direction of hair growth. Strip off in opposite direction of hair growth.
– Always pull strip back along itself in one quick movement. Don’t peel or pull off slowly.
– The faster the strip is removed the better the results.
– Do not wax any area that has been treated with Retin A, Accutane, anti-wrinkle creams or AHA peels.
– Do not use on sensitive, sunburned, irritated or injured skin. Avoid varicose veins, moles, or warts.
– Do not use alcohol or astringents before or after waxing.
– Always do a patch test on the area to be smoothed & wait 24 hours. If no irritation, continue.
– Avoid all interruptions & delays during treatment.
– Do not use on bikini line, underarm or hard-to-reach areas until you are confident with process